Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 1 long continental cucumber, chopped in segments
- 1/2 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 stems coriander, leaves only, rinsed
- 1 coriander root, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice from 1/2 lime
- In a mortar and pestle, combine and crush the garlic and coriander roots. Once crushed, add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and stir to combine. Add the cucumber, coriander leaves and chilli and slightly pound it with the pestle until the cucumber is just starting to soften.
- Leave the salad to sit for 5 minutes before serving.